In any field, a process including the steps necessary to work always. Designed logo also taken steps to you have a product to satisfy the customer and satisfy both the designer.
1. A brief description of the design: You need to prepare the questions and send the mail or in person to get the desired customer customer’s logo they want.
2. Learn: You must learn trades that customers are doing, the logo, the color of the opponent. Read more about the history of the industry as possible.
3. Reference: Please see the logo was successful in this industry and a number of current design trends.
4. Sketches and ideas: What logo design development based on the idea, a brief description, and the research results, your reference.
5. Feedback: Rest for the mind to relax while waiting for customer feedback. This process also helps you add new inspiration.
6. Relationships: Ask visit, create a relationship or make comments refer to the customer. Make the customer feel like they are working with a design professional, friendly.
7. Display: Choose up to three best designs in all, then presented to the customer an option that you think best.
8. Celebration: eating, drinking, sleeping, invite your friends to the movies .. or if still enthusiastic, you continue to prepare for the upcoming project.
Here is a project I’ve ever experienced, to help you look more easily.
Eugene UKE company director contacted me recently (they see me on the blog) and they want to redesign (Rebrand) the design of their identity.
After a few letters back and forth to better understand Eugene. I sent Eugene a couple of questions for the client (PDF). Then I send a quotation and a deal (I never use the term contract) and get 50% of the money through Paypal.
Description of the design
After Eugene complete some questions that I have sent. I had begun to design. There are a few emails back and forth, but basically it’s like this.
UKE.com or UKE website selling chocolate with beautiful arrangements, unique gift baskets. UKE towards the high-end market, those interested in the beauty of the product.
To compare with the question that Eugene made, I wrote a couple of requests that she likes “strong, bold but luxurious, with 2 color”. Eugene wants a lion appear on the logo. Logo can be used in web design, print and t-shirt.
This is the old design.
After receiving 50% of the money and get the signature of the customer in the contract agreement, I started to learn the design of the rival Eugene (not supplied). Learn the design related to this industry.
Understanding the logo competition can give you the books, the difference in design with rivals.
Outline and Development
The next step is to embark on logo design. Based on all that is, I his hand to “surf” on paper the thoughts in my head.
I have Brainstorm and sketch ideas on paper and on the computer. I also have time to relax to a new perspective, a more objective view of their ideas.
You try to look at the plans that I have developed. I favor the idea that under a symbol related to the lion.
As you can see my sketches, I scanned it into the computer to draw focus, select the font, learn the symbols …
It first started on my machine is trying to find a font. Here you can see I’ve listed a lot of style to choose.
After selecting the font I started going into the development of the symbol. I created a lot of options as you can see below.
Note that this time the colors have not been chosen, the logo has only one color and it is easy to apply on the different forms of expression.
I started to try the color. A dark purple was chosen because purple represents luxury, representing the royal family.
Finally, I have chosen the logo I find it best to send the client, but also to send a few more options that I have designed.
You can refer to the email that I sent Eugene:
I have completed the design of her logo today and pick out the best ideas, you can see in the pdf file that I attached.
After learning her skills on the field, I learned the best ideas that I found, and design a simple logo but very impressive … without the appearance of a lion. I learned this because I saw the appearance of a lion is so popular that it will not make a difference.
New UKE design look like a king by using a stylized image crown. The crown is a symbol of power, strength, to, win.
Font used for the UKE is a typeface with strong legs, a little bit retro but very luxurious, it leaves a good impression right from the first glance.
Table purple, white, black is used to represent the luxury in nature and it can be used in the form of web, print …
Logo appears better with light or dark, it also looks great with the size.
I eagerly await her response.
Logo design is great! I like the way it appears bright and modern. I think you are right about not having the appearance of a lion. I look at this design several times and found it really impressive.
Too great, when you get consent from customers right the first response.
Once the customer agrees, I expect 50% of the remaining amount to your account, and then send the customer the design in EPS format, JPG, PNG and TIFF.